Organisation & Post Outline:
Spinal Injuries Ireland is the only provider of support to people who have sustained a life changing and devastating spinal cord injury. An opportunity has arisen to become part of a highly flexible and dynamic team who work to provide services to spinal cord injury people and their families, along with advocating for better services.The organisation has been undergoing a transformation and is at a very exciting time in its 23 year history and looking to recruit for an important finance position within the organisation.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day to day administration of the Finance function in Spinal Injuries Ireland.
Part time – Hours negotiable but potentially 20 hours per week
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with general accounting requirements including accounts payable, accounts receivable and nominal ledger
- Preparation and production of monthly management accounts to Trial Balance
- Management of physical receipt of fundraising income along with on-line income, grants etc., and inputting to Salesforce
- Cheque & cash posting and allocation
- Banking; point of contact on all company accounts, bank reconciliations, lodgements, etc
- Monthly payroll including all returns to Revenue via ROS, issuing P45s, P60s etc.
- Posting and review of all invoices for appropriate documentation, research and resolve queries and approval prior to processing payment.
- Matching and inputting of purchase sales invoices
- Expense claim management – matching receipts with expense claims and processing payments
- Management of Petty Cash
- Quarterly and annual financial reports for statutory funders
- Analytical review of income and expenditure
- Preparation of working papers for month end file.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Carrying out any accounting duties and ad hoc requests as delegated
- Insure accounts are completed in line with International Accounting procedures and maintain internal financial policies
- Prepare financial reports as required for CEO to present at Board Meetings
- Prepare and manage SII’s annual budgets for Board approval
- Administer and report on financial element of Grant Funding
- Rolling review of financial policies and procedures in conjunction with management & Finance sub-committee
- General day to day finance admin duties in line with business requirements
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Third level and/or ACCA qualification
- Demonstrated knowledge base and experience of administration, finance and related organisational functions
- Previous experience working in a role of a similar nature desirable but not essential
- High degree of accuracy and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Charities SORP (FRS 102) experience desirable
- Sage Accounting Software experience desirable
- Sage Life & Salesforce1 Platform experience desirable
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Empathic and understanding of client and family needs
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel
- Car & full clean driving licence
- Must be willing to travel if required
If you are interested in this position please forward your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com or call 01 2355317 for any further information.
Closing date: 13th January 2017
|This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, business plan and strategic plan.|