Corporate Fundraising & Sponsorship Executive
Organisation & Post Outline:
An opportunity has arisen to become part of a highly flexible and dynamic team who work to provide services to spinal cord injury people and their families, along with advocating for better services. The organisation is at a very exciting time in its 23 year history and looking to recruit a Corporate Fundraising & Sponsorship Executive.
Spinal Injuries Ireland (SII) is the only charity for people who have become lifelong disabled through a spinal cord injury (SCI). An injury to the spinal cord can be sustained either traumatically, as a result of an accident or fall, or non-traumatically, as a result of illness such as cancer. SCIs can happen to anyone at any stage in their life and, according to the World Health Organisation, it is acknowledged as one of the most devastating and life changing injuries that a person can sustain. In Ireland, 76% of people with a SCI are unemployed and 40% live on or below the poverty line (Collins 2014).
SII supports people and their families from onset of injury to the rehabilitation phase at the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Dun Laoghaire and on returning home by providing a nationwide support service focused on social, vocational and recreational inclusion in society.
Part time – Hours negotiable but potentially 3 days per week 22.5 hours per week
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Fundraising & Sponsorship Executive will take the lead in developing Spinal Injuries Ireland’s (SII) corporate partnerships, identifying and executing new corporate revenue streams and delivering increased and sustainable income from the corporate sector. The role will also incorporate securing new sponsorship for SII’s already existing produced events. The role is Part-Time (3 days per week).
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all SII’s corporate relationships to identify how to leverage relationships for maximum mutual benefit
- Build a successful strategy to identify and establish new corporate funding streams for SII
- Identify, cultivate and manage a portfolio of corporate prospects to deliver long term corporate partnerships
- Recruit campaign and event sponsors for SII existing key events and campaigns
- Develop high quality materials including bespoke corporate funding proposals
- Work independently to build relationships with corporate stakeholders at a senior level
- Set clear financial targets and drive activity to ensure they are met
- Develop regular reports for internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Represent the SII in a professional manner
- General day to day admin duties in line with business requirements
Required Skills / Competencies:
- A proven track record of corporate fundraising, corporate business development or corporate account/relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrable experience of selling, negotiating and influencing
- A strong understanding of the motivations, needs and operating models of the corporate sector
- Superior customer service skills to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- A positive and resilient manner with the ability to work under pressure
- A target driven mind-set
- Flexibility with work and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- A self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Car & full clean driving licence desirable
- Must be willing to travel if required
To Apply: please forward CV and Cover Letter to Kevin Dempsey at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is Friday 1st December.
|This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, business plan and strategic plan.|