Can I get a grant or assistance to buy a car?

There is a principal scheme that provides some financial support if you need to have your vehicle modified:
You can receive assistance if you meet the specified medical criteria and have obtained a Primary Medical Cert. You can apply for relief either as a driver with a disability or a passenger with a disability. There is also provision for a family member of a passenger with a disability.