It is well known that exercising is an important part of a healthy life. Helping to reduce the incidence of diabetes and increase lean muscle mass, exercise will help metabolise fat and improve your quality of life. There are lots of options you can look at to maintain your physical fitness as you age. For advice on the best option for you, talk to a physiotherapist or a trainer to determine the safe amount of resistance for strength exercises.
- Am I entitled to any social welfare payments?
- Can I do a course?
- How will I manage the early days with SCI?
- How will SCI affect my friends and family?
- What about transport and SCI?
- What are my employment options after SCI?
- What are my healthcare entitlements?
- What can I expect on holiday with SCI?
- What happens as I age with spinal cord injury?
- What is SCI?