You will find as you age that your strength will decrease and you may feel more pain in your arms, reducing your ability to carry out pressure relief, effecting your transfers to and from your wheelchair. You may need to look at your cushion to see if it is providing adequate pressure relief. If you feel you need to change your cushion consult your Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist for advice on the best options.
- Am I entitled to any social welfare payments?
- Can I do a course?
- How will I manage the early days with SCI?
- How will SCI affect my friends and family?
- What about transport and SCI?
- What are my employment options after SCI?
- What are my healthcare entitlements?
- What can I expect on holiday with SCI?
- What happens as I age with spinal cord injury?
- What is SCI?