The Motorised Transport Grant was a means tested HSE payment for people in Ireland with disabilities who needed to buy a car. On the 26th Feb 2013 the Department of Health announced that the Mobility Allowance Scheme and Motorised Transport Grant were closed to new applicants. An alternative scheme is being devised. SII has been advised that the Department is not in a position to give absolute clarity as to the expected time frame for the introduction of a new scheme. Those already receiving the scheme continue to be paid but new applicants are not permitted. SII will provide any updates we receive in the future.
- Am I entitled to any social welfare payments?
- Can I do a course?
- How will I manage the early days with SCI?
- How will SCI affect my friends and family?
- What about transport and SCI?
- What are my employment options after SCI?
- What are my healthcare entitlements?
- What can I expect on holiday with SCI?
- What happens as I age with spinal cord injury?
- What is SCI?