If you are over 21 and have been receiving a social welfare payment for more than 6 months you may be eligible for the Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS). VTOS is operated through local Education and Training Boards and provides a range of courses from basic education and training to advanced vocational courses. The courses are full time (30 hours per week) and can last up to 2 years. VTOS courses are listed on www.qualifax.ie
- Am I entitled to any social welfare payments?
- Can I do a course?
- How will I manage the early days with SCI?
- How will SCI affect my friends and family?
- What about transport and SCI?
- What are my employment options after SCI?
- What are my healthcare entitlements?
- What can I expect on holiday with SCI?
- What happens as I age with spinal cord injury?
- What is SCI?