Spinal Injuries Ireland via Balmer Recruitment Ltd. is currently seeking to recruit a National Services & Development Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
This is a pivotal role within the organisation to manage and develop the organisation’s National Support Service which will offer a depth of service delivery to clients and their families nationwide in accordance with the strategic parameters outlined within the SII Strategic Plan 2014 – 2018.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer key duties and responsibilities include the following –
- Participate in weekly/monthly management team meetings to ensure monitoring and compliance with strategic plan. Participate in any actions assigned as part of weekly meetings.
- Develop in the first instance a detailed operational plan with action, timeframes, resource requirements, priorities and responsibilities to outline the mechanism by which the national service will be delivered as per the Strategic Plan.
- Liaise with Fundraising and Finance personnel to support the operational plan with a rigorous financial viability assessment and arrive at budgets to support same.
- Develop and document best practice standard operating procedures at regional level and ensure their standard applications across all regions.
- Develop a standard management information system which will report on progress on a budgetary and operational level monthly. This should include statistics in relation to client service deliverables achieved, budget spent and forecasted spend and details in relation to liaison with agencies both state and voluntary.
- Develop, define and implement the core services which will be offered to SII clients to include outreach, early days, services at the NRH, vocational, sport and social activities and any other programmes as developed by the organisation in the future.
- Research and define the voluntary agencies by which we will develop partnerships both on a regional and national basis to ensure delivery of an in-depth service while maintaining the autonomy and unique identity of SII and our client’s needs.
- Research and define the mechanism by which to liaise with state agencies e.g. HSE, to achieve optimum service delivery support.
- Build and deliver quality relationships with identified state agencies, government and voluntary agencies on a national level. Work closely with the Community Outreach Officers to cascade these relationships on the ground nationally through our regional network.
- Support the recruitment and selection process of approved posts which are required to deliver the national service.
- Recognise the uniqueness of region one, the NRH Campus in relation to service requirements and work closely with the NRH Spinal Team to deliver same.
- Monitor operational plan progress in a formal meeting with the CEO monthly, allow for new initiatives to be added to the plan as emergent issues arise.
- Oversee the smooth transition of clients back to their community working closely with the NRH Spinal Team and the Community Outreach Officers to achieve same.
- Manage on day to day basis the performance of the Services Team to ensure compliance with the strategic plan. Services Team comprises Outreach Officers, Peer Support Co Ordinator, Volunteer & Activities personnel.
- Monthly performance reports on outputs and outcomes of Services Team.
- Travel as required to audit service levels and standard operating procedures to ensure quality and uniformity of service across the country. Meet with local voluntary agencies and client base on the ground as required and support generally the Community Outreach Officers.
- Develop a client feedback process by which SII can evaluate the services on offer and contribute to the types of services that are offered.
- Act as Complaints Officer in the event of any complaints received from services users.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Children and Vulnerable Adults Policies and procedures.
This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Due to the size of the organization and the nature of our client group, all staff will, from time to time, be required to do duties outside of their job description. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, operational plan and strategic plan.
A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com for review
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 20th March at 5pm.