Spinal Injuries Ireland is recruiting for a new Fundraising Officer to join our team!
Role: Fundraising Officer
Location: Dun Laoghaire
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
In Ireland, three people each week in Ireland sustain a spinal cord injury. For most, this is a devastating and life-changing prognosis both for themselves and their families and the start of a long and arduous journey. Unfortunately, 76% of people with spinal cord injury are unemployed and 40% are living below the poverty line.
Spinal Injuries Ireland (SII) is Ireland’s only support and service agency dedicated to people who have sustained spinal cord injury and their families. Our mission is to provide a pathway of support from injury through to inclusion in society. We work with over 12,000 people from all over Ireland including service users and their families.
Description of the role
The Fundraising Officer will be an integral part of a team whose purpose is to raise funds to support Spinal Injuries Ireland’s work. As part of the fundraising team, the Fundraising Officer will work with internal and external stakeholders including our service users. The person will work well as part of a team, have a can-do attitude and have creative project & event management skills.
- Be an integral member of the fundraising team, delivering key events such as the National Raffle, Colour Me Friday, third party events and new campaign development
- Increase engagement and build relationships with external organisations such as schools and corporates
- Lead on the annual city centre fundraising collection
- Support the development of fundraising and donor stewardship plans
- Volunteer recruitment for key events
- Be the first point of contact for the fundraising department
- Research potential partnerships with corporates and community events
- Telemarketing to existing & potential supporters
- Maintain excellent records on the Salesforce database
- Manage and update project plans and budgets
- Ensure that supporters are communicated in a regular and effective manner
- Ensure that records are GDPR compliant
- Provide excellent customer service to our supporters
- Represent Spinal Injuries Ireland when required
- Carry out research and ad-hoc projects are directed
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the position that may arise
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to third level; qualification in Marketing, Business, Communications or Digital would be an advantage
- 3 years’ experience in a fundraising or marketing environment
Competencies & Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Target Driven
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Strong IT skills
The above is not an exhaustive list of the duties associated with the post but is intended for the guidance of the person assigned to the job.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Ciara Mealy on 087 609 8869.
To apply for this role please forward a cover letter and CV to Ciara Mealy – email@example.com
Closing date for applications Tuesday 24th of July