Job Title: SII Peer Support Outreach Officer
Spinal Injuries Ireland (SII) is a national charity that provides support and services to people who have sustained a spinal cord injury.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to provide service user support nationally. The peer support outreach officer will also contribute to the development of the programme and consistent quality improvement.
Part Time – 10 Hours per week
G3 The Pottery, Bakers Point, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin and as required depending on service requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Peer Officers in the NRH in order to meet and refer service users to SII’s services.
- Match patients with suitable peer volunteers with the SII peer coordinator and monitor and evaluate referral progress
- Take part in SII’s activities and events in collaboration with the Spinal Programme in the NRH.
- Refer service users to relevant SII staff members for further supports, programmes and information.
- Record all service user and volunteer contact in the SII database system.
- Work closely with SII personnel in Dublin and Cork to support the roll out of the community peer support programme and capture relevant learning for the organisation.
- Work closely with the Services Manager in relation to future expansion of the peer support programme in relation to clients, activities and family mentoring.
This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, operational and strategic plan.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of spinal cord injury
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathetic and understanding of client and family needs
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Willingness to work some evenings and be flexible in approach to working hours
- Must be willing to travel and overnight
- Previous experience working in a role of a similar nature
- Personal experience of spinal cord injury
- Full and clean driving licence
- Knowledge of SCI and sport and leisure activities
31st May 2023
If you have the relevant experience and are keen to make a real difference in this exciting new role, please apply with a covering letter and your CV to Bairbre O’Sullivan, Services Manager at [email protected]
Informal enquiries to: Bairbre O’Sullivan, Services Manager, Mobile: 086 810 0678