- This event has passed.
Around the World
June 19 @ 12:00 pm - June 20 @ 12:00 pm
‘Around the World’ takes place on June 19 – 20th and the goal is to collectively travel the distance of the globe (42,000km) in 24 hours by rolling, running, walking, swimming, cycling…any movement counts and every little helps! The only requirement is that your chosen activity is in line with current government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. The kms you pledge on iDonate.ie to Spinal Injuries Ireland will be counted towards the 42,000km ‘Around the World’ challenge target and all donations received will go to help support people living in Ireland with a spinal cord injury.
It couldn’t be easier to take part. All you need to do is:
- Let us know you’re taking part by clicking on link below (you’ll then receive an email with all the details you need)
- Decide what kind of a challenge you want to set yourself (this can be any distance and any level of difficulty, it’s up to you. Always good to set yourself a hard but achievable challenge, and that way people will be most happy to sponsor you)
- Email, post or WhatsApp the link to your new fundraising page to all your friends and family asking them to sponsor you so you can raise money for people living with a spinal cord injury up and down the country
- Join us on either the 19th or 20th of June to take part in the Around The World challenge! At the end of your challenge, you go onto your personal fundraising page, input the number of kilometres your completed, and this will be added to the overall tally. Hopefully, if enough people take part in this relay challenge, together we’ll make it all the way around the world!
- Share a photo of you completing your challenge on social media using the hashtag #doingittogether and #spinalinjuriesireland