Strategy for dealing with your ageing Bowel
- Keep a daily bowel diary if problems occur it will help you and your doctor / PHNto understand what is happening and what action to take.
- Transferring onto the toilet may not be as easy or safe as it was, it may be time to rethink equipment needs such as hoists, or performing bowel care on the bed.
- Make sure diet and fluid intake are adequate.
- Keep as active as possible.
- You may find your bowel routine takes longer due to changes in dexterity. If this is the case, it may be time to consider getting professional help or making changes to your bowel routine.