To apply for the parking permit, write to either the Disabled Drivers Association (contact details at www.ddai.ie) or the Irish Wheelchair Association and enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope. The application form should be completed and certified by your doctor and countersigned by a Garda. The cost of the card is €35. Applicants that meet the required criteria will be issued a Disabled Parking Permit by post.
- Am I entitled to any social welfare payments?
- Can I do a course?
- How will I manage the early days with SCI?
- How will SCI affect my friends and family?
- What about transport and SCI?
- What are my employment options after SCI?
- What are my healthcare entitlements?
- What can I expect on holiday with SCI?
- What happens as I age with spinal cord injury?
- What is SCI?