Holiday brochures will inform you about wheelchair access, but sometimes this can be inaccurate. As there is no international standard definition of ‘accessibility’, it is best that you communicate your needs directly to them. To do this lay out all your requirements in writing and ask for written confirmation that these are available. If you are booking through a travel company, you can ask them to do this for you.
- Am I entitled to any social welfare payments?
- Can I do a course?
- How will I manage the early days with SCI?
- How will SCI affect my friends and family?
- What about transport and SCI?
- What are my employment options after SCI?
- What are my healthcare entitlements?
- What can I expect on holiday with SCI?
- What happens as I age with spinal cord injury?
- What is SCI?