Job Title: SII Services Case Officer
Spinal Injuries Ireland (SII) is a national charity that provides support and services to people who have sustained a spinal cord injury. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Services Case Officer to join our team.
Purpose of the Role:
The Services Case Officer will play a key role in supporting individuals who have sustained a spinal cord injury. Through person centred planning, the services case officer will work with individuals in creating goals, providing information on local national and online services, source vocational and employment opportunities, and signpost them to the correct services so they can live independent and successful lives in the community.
Head of Services
€31,000 – €37,000 – depending on experience
Full time, 37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility required.
Hybrid & Flexible working hours available.
G3 The Pottery, Bakers Point, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin and as required depending on service requirements.
- Contact individuals who have sustained a spinal cord injury (SCI) and their family members/carers prior to discharge/on discharge to support them in creating goals for their rehabilitation and reintegration into their community.
- Once an individual with a SCI has become a SII service user, conduct a lifestyle assessment and create a person centred plan based on the pillars to optimal living.
- Refer service users to appropriate services within SII (Peer Support/Health & Wellbeing/Advocacy, Information & Vocation).
- Refer and signpost service users to appropriate services within the community, based on their needs.
- Provide service users and their families with information on local services and resources available to them.
- Work collaboratively with the SII Head of Services, SII Nurse and other allied healthcare professionals to ensure a coordinated approach to the wellbeing of service users.
- Provide ongoing support, information, and advocacy to ensure service users have their needs met.
- Process grant applications on behalf of service users.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of your work and conduct continual lifestyle assessments when needed to identify service user needs and adjust individualised goals and lifestyle plans.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date service user records and documentation.
- Provide regular reports and updates to Head of Services.
- Participate in the development and implementation of SII’s strategic plan and programs to support individuals with spinal cord injuries.
- Degree in a relevant field (e.g. social care, social work, healthcare, public policy, or related area).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in case management or related work, preferably within the healthcare or disability sector.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills and experience with database management and social media platforms.
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of SII.
This is a full-time position, with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. If you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of individuals and families affected by spinal cord injuries and have the skills and experience to excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Due to the size of the organisation and the nature of our client group, all staff will, from time to time, be required to carry out duties outside of their job description. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, operational and strategic plan.
- A highly competitive salary and 23 paid Annual leave days
- Learning, development and innovation opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mileage & Expenses as per SII policy
- Contributory pension scheme (5% employer)
- Payment of 2 months sick pay in line with SII policy, post probation
- Free Staff Car Parking
If you have the relevant experience and are keen to make a real difference in this exciting new role, please apply with a covering letter and your CV to Bairbre O’Sullivan, Services Manager at [email protected]
Informal enquiries to: Bairbre O’Sullivan, Services Manager, Mobile: 086 810 0678