Join us for the 2019 VHI Women’s Mini-Marathon this June 2nd, 2019.
This year, we will be hosting a Mini-Marathon team and are calling out for ladies to complete the Mini-Marathon in aid of Spinal Injuries Ireland. If you, or a friend, colleague or family member, are looking to improve your fitness this year, training for the Women’s Mini-Marathon is a great, fun way of getting active whilst raising much-needed funds for a good cause.
Why Join us?
Every week in Ireland 2 people are told they will never walk again. According to the World Health Organisation a spinal cord injury (SCI) is one of the most devastating and life changing injuries that a person can sustain. However following medical and rehabilitation intervention and with the relevant support, a SCI is not only survivable but an individual can continue to lead the life that they had envisaged prior to injury. Spinal Injuries Ireland (SII) is the only support and service agency in Ireland for people who have sustained a spinal cord injury and their families. We provide a person centered service to assist people to engage fully in society.
The hard truth is that following a spinal cord injury 76% of people are unemployed and and 40% live on or below the poverty line. A spinal cord injury can happen to anyone at any time and can impact every aspect of a persons life. Issues such as chronic pain, mental distress, hidden internal injuries and loneliness are just some of the difficulties people who have sustained a spinal cord injury can face. Spinal Injuries Ireland offers support and hope to those people, and their families, as they rebuild their new lives post-injury. With your help, we can continue to reach out to over 2000 people in Ireland who have sustained a spinal cord injury and their families.
How do I sign-up?
- Register with the Spinal Injuries Ireland Mini-Marathon Team by filling in your details below
- Head to the VHI Women’s Mini-Marathon website and register your entry. Registration opens on February 28th, 2019
- Start training and fundraising!
- Why not ask some friends to join you to make the training easier and have more fun…..
What will you get?
- Spinal Injuries Ireland (SII) Sponsorship Card
- SII T-shirt for the walk/run
- After-party in a local venue to celebrate your achievement
- SII Facebook group to share tips on training, event info and each others progress in the lead up to the event.
If you have any questions about taking part at all you can contact us Emer Hanley, Fundraising and Communications Officer on 01 6532180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. If you are not a lady or can not take part in the Mini-Marathon this year, you can still donate at the button in the top right corner above…..or support someone you know who is taking part directly.