Bone loss starts immediately following the onset of SCI and continues for at least 12 to 16 month and then plateaus. This may increase the risk for fractures, and this risk continues to increase over time.
- Am I entitled to any social welfare payments?
- Can I do a course?
- How will I manage the early days with SCI?
- How will SCI affect my friends and family?
- What about transport and SCI?
- What are my employment options after SCI?
- What are my healthcare entitlements?
- What can I expect on holiday with SCI?
- What happens as I age with spinal cord injury?
- What is SCI?