Tips for positive mental health as you age with SCI:
- Stay connected with friends. This may be challenging but it is healthy to keep contacts and to build new ones where opportunities arise.
- You can attend an SII Community Connect Meeting to meet with others with SCI and gain valuable support.
- Stay as physically active as you can, this will have a real impact on your well being.
- Getting out into the community is an important way to increase well-being.
- Stay engaged in activities. Put these activities into your schedule so you don’t stop doing the things you like as you age.
- Ask for help when you need it, from family, friends and support organisations such as SII.
Your SII Support Worker can work with you to set goals around returning or getting involved in your local community, building a Growing older with spinal cord injury